T +31 (0)20 767 01 80
T +31 (0)20 767 01 87 (direct)
M +31 (0)6 27 06 62 72
Marijke advises on financial law in a broad sense. Thanks to her experience as a lawyer, supervisor at DNB and senior legal counsel at DNB, Marijke oversees financial regulations and the legal aspects of complex (international) transactions and authorisation processes. Marijke assists banks, insurers, payment service providers and other financial institutions and their shareholders with, among other things, license applications, applications for a declaration of no objection and fit and proper testing. Marijke also regularly advises companies on governance aspects, remuneration issues, capital market transactions (such as the approval of prospectuses), structuring of investment funds, commercial transactions and the creation of securities (collateral).
Marijke is a passionate and goal-oriented lawyer, with an eye for detail. In addition, she has a practical approach and is clear in her communication and expectations.
From 2007 to 2015 Marijke worked as a lawyer (Loyens & Loeff and NautaDutilh). For the past five years, she worked at DNB, first as a supervisor in the market access department and secondly as a senior legal counsel. Marijke joined Finnius as of 1 January 2021.
Marijke studied at the University of Amsterdam and the San Francisco State University.
- Finnius, January 2021 – present
- De Nederlandsche Bank N.V., 2016 – 2020
- NautaDutilh N.V., 2012 – 2016
- Loyens & Loeff N.V., 2007 – 2012
- Advising (financial) insitutions on financial law in a broad sense, including the scope and application of financial supervisory law, entry to the Dutch market for (among others) banks, payment institutions and insurers, internal governance aspects, sustainability and controlled and ethical business operations ;
- Assisting institutions with applications for declarations of no objection (DNO);
- Assisting institutions with fit and proper testing of directors and employees ;
- Guiding and advising on capital market transactions;
- Assisting issuing institutions with approval processes at DNB and the AFM (including prospectuses);
- Preparation of commercial documentation (agreements), including fund documentation, and the creation of securities (collateral);
- Advising on and structuring of alternative financing structures;
- Advising on sustainability regulations for financial institutions;
- Advising on remuneration structures for financial institutions.
- Overnames in de financiële sector: de belangrijkste toezichtrechtelijke aspecten Met mr. B. Bierman, Tijdschrift voor Ondernemingsrechtpraktijk, nr. 5, september 2022
- Securitisatieverordening van kracht! Maandblad voor Vermogensrecht, 2019 nr, 10
- Klimaatrisico’s, aansprakelijkheden en enkele toezichtrechtelijke aspecten Maandblad voor Vermogensrecht, 2018 nr, 10
- Impact implementatie hypothekenrichtlijn voor aanbieders van hypothecair krediet Financieel Recht in de Praktijk, 2015-3
- The deposit guarantee scheme in a European perspective European Securities January 2010, issue 49
- Voorwaarden voor topping up onder het depositogarantiestelsel Bedrijfsjuridische berichten September 2009
- Het depositogarantiestelsel in Europees perspectief Onderneming en Financiering, 2009 (17) 3, p. 44-62
- De (tijdelijke) maatregelen tegen short selling in Nederland, Engeland en de Verenigde Staten Onderneming en Financiering 2009 (17) 1, p. 44-58
- Het recht van toepassing op (giraal overdraagbare) effecten Vennootschap & Onderneming 2008 nr. 7/8, p. 151-154
Marijke Kuilman has registered in the Register of Legal Practice Areas of the Netherlands Bar Association the legal practice area Financial Law.
This registration obliges Marijke to obtain ten training points in this field of law each calendar year in accordance with the standards of the Dutch Bar Association.