T +31 (0)20 767 01 80
T +31 (0)20 820 80 34 (direct)
Nienke van Opbergen has a particular interest in credit regulations, remuneration rules and issues regarding the imposition of punitive sanctions to financial enterprises and their directors. She works frequently in procedures in the field of supervision and enforcement by the Dutch Financial Markets Authority (AFM) and the Dutch Central Bank (DNB).
Nienke van Opbergen studied law at Utrecht University with a specialization in corporate law and financial law. Nienke works for Finnius as a financial law specialist.
- Permanent associate of and contributor tot he Financial Case Law Journal (Rechtspraak financieel recht).
Prior and present work experience
- Finnius, September 2013- present
- Information requests by the AFM and DNB;
- Proceedings with respect to an administrative penalty or an order subject to a penalty for noncompliance imposed by the AFM or DNB;
- Proceedings regarding decisions of the AFM and DNB on publication of sanctions imposed by the AFM or DNB;
- Advice on the applicable rules regarding consumer credit.
- Meldplichten onder de Wft: spreken is zilver, zwijgen... met C.A. Doets, Tijdschrift Aansprakelijkheids- en Verzekeringsrecht in de praktijk 2017-6, pp. 27-34
- De wenselijkheid van een algemene zorgplicht in de Wft Onderneming & Financiering 2013 (21) 2
“Finnius’ ‘excellent’ practice often advises financial institutions on EU regulatory issues and enforcement matters.”—