AFM Agenda 2019
Yesterday, the AFM published its Agenda for 2019. In this agenda, the AFM indicates what its main focus points are for 2019 and how it will shape its supervision in concrete terms. The AFM identifies 7 key objectives that are relevant for financial undertakings:
1. Supervision of new parties and markets following Brexit;
2. Preventing the irresponsible use of technology and data;
3. Dealing with unsuitable financial products;
4. Attention to sustainability in the financial sector;
5. Addressing market risks in the capital markets;
6. Permanent improvement of the quality of audits;
7. Combating money laundering and other financial and economic crime.
The AFM identifies a number of concrete supervisory activities for each focus point. We advise financial undertakings to consult them, because it gives a good picture of how the AFM will focus its supervision in the coming year.