T +31 (0)20 767 01 80
T +31 (0)20 820 80 33 (direct)
M +31 (0)6 50 84 84 85
Maurice advises on various financial regulatory subjects. He advises a variety of financial undertakings and corporates on financial regulatory law and the scope and implications thereof on their business operations. Maurice has extensive experience in the field of capital market transactions and alternative financing constructions, the guidance of approval processes of prospectuses with the Dutch Authority on the Financial Markets (AFM) (Prospectus Regulation 2019) and the structuring of and the advising on investment funds (AIFMD and European Venture Capital Regulation (EuVECA Regulation)). Maurice also advises on rules for payment service activities and market abuse rules.
Maurice is an analytically strong advisor who works very meticulously and has a solution-orientated approach. Maurice’s empathy in combination with his background in the business ensure that he always takes the underlying interests of the clients into account in his legal advice.
Maurice graduated from the University of Utrecht and, prior to his admission to the Netherlands BAR, he successfully completed a specialisation course for company lawyers in 2012.
Prior and present work experience
- Finnius, April 2018 – present
- AKD N.V., 2013 – 2018
- Keijser Capital N.V., 2011 – 2013
- Advising of (financial) institutions on financial regulatory law and the scope and implications thereof;
- Regulatory advising on capital market transactions;
- Drafting or reviewing of prospectuses for the purpose of the public offering and issuance of securities (bonds, shares, depositary receipts) under the Prospectus Regulation 2019;
- Guiding issuers with approval processes of prospectuses with the AFM;
- Regulatory structuring of investment funds and advising on the scope of the AIFMD (subject to authorisation or notification regime);
- Setting up fund documentation;
- Advising on the regulatory framework of the EuVECA Regulation and assisting with the application and registration of the ‘EuVECA label’ with the AFM;
- Advising on alternative financing constructions (such as the issuance of securities, crowdfunding and factoring);
- Advising on market abuse rules (Market Abuse Regulation/Directive (MAR/MAD));
- Advising on the rules on the offering of credit;
- Advising on remuneration structures of financial institutions (Dutch Remuneration Act).
- Het mkb onder de nieuwe prospectusverordening: het 'light regime' Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht 2019-7/8, page 401-409
Maurice van Oosten has registered Financial Law as his principal legal practice area in the Netherlands Bar’s register of legal practice areas (rechtsgebiedenregister).
Based on this registration, Maurice is required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in this registered legal practice area in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
“The firm has expanded throughout the years, providing good continuity in offering services - all the lawyers live up to a high quality standard.”—