T +31 (0)20 767 01 80
T +31 (0)20 767 01 86 (direct)
M +31 (0)6 31 67 03 94
Rosemarijn has extensive experience in the field of Dutch financial regulatory law, with particular emphasis on the regulation of investment funds (AIFMD and UCITS) and investment services such as investment advice (MiFID II). She also specializes in regulation of financial services such as granting consumer credit (CCD and MCD) and insurance intermediary services (IDD). Rosemarijn is also closely involved with the ongoing developments in financial regulatory law at a national level. She has much experience on topics like the Dutch ban on inducements, the professional competence requirements and the far-reaching Dutch restrictions of remuneration in the entire financial sector. Rosemarijn is a committed lawyer with a pragmatic approach. She works along with clients in a structured way to smoothly guide them through the complicated web of Dutch regulatory law.
Chambers Europe 2019 writes about Rosemarijn in the catogory Investement Funds, “Valued for her clear communication and responsiveness,” Labeur is described by clients as “a very effective lawyer who understands the commercial needs of a client and balances this perfectly with the regulatory limitations.”
Rosemarijn has been named winner of the Client Choice Award 2015 in the Banking category for the Netherlands. International Law Office and Lexology recognise those law firms and partners around the world that stand apart for the excellent client service they provide. The criteria for the awards focus on the ability to add real value to clients’ business above and beyond other players in the market. These awards survey senior corporate counsel only, with this year’s winners chosen from a pool of more than 2,000 individual client assessments.
Rosemarijn is one of the teachers of the Grotius specialisation course ‘Securities Law’. She is part of the editorial office of a Dutch professional journal on financial regulatory law (Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht), in which journal she also frequently publishes on several topics. Rosemarijn is also a fellow of the Institute for Financial Law of the University of Nijmegen. Rosemarijn also regularly lectures on regulatory topics, such as the AIFMD and MiFID.
Prior and present work experience
- Finnius, October 2014- present
- NautaDutilh, 2005-2014 (including 1,5 year from the New York office)
- Advising on the scope of the AIFMD: does a market party need to register with the Dutch Authority on the Financial Markets (AFM)?
- Advising on AIFMD-compliance: what are the prospectus and reporting requirements for non-EEA fund managers?
- Negotiating investment management agreements
- Assisting market parties with filing their license application under the Dutch Financial Supervision Act
- Advising on necessary changes to business operations as a result of the upcoming MiFID II rules
- Advising on various types of alternative financing, such as crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending
- Advising on the applicable regulatory laws for impact investing
- Vijf jaar toezicht op alternatieve beleggingsinstellingen: Observaties en ervaringen with T. de Wit, Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht, 2018-11, page 538-549
- Rondom het nieuws - Haast met herziening Venture Capital Verordening met T. de Wit, Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht 2016-9, pp. 363-369
- De beleggingsadviseur onder MiFID II Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht 2015-12, pp. 468-475
- Uniform derdelandenbeleid AIFMD: Nog een lange weg te gaan Tijdschrift voor Financieel recht 2015-10, pp. 391-395
- Twijfels over schorsing Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht 2015-5, pp. 163-164
- Provisieverbod beleggingsondernemingen: Een blik terug en een blik vooruit Tijdschrift Financieel Recht 2014-12
- Kroniek van het Financieel Recht 2008-2010 met R. Wibier in NJB 2010,782
- Kroniek van het Financieel Recht 2010-2012 met R. Wibier in NJB 2012-15
- Hoofdlijnen Wft Co-auteur, L.J. Silverentand (red.), Recht en Praktijk Financieel Recht, FR6, Deventer: Kluwer, 2011
- Verantwoorde kredietverlening aan consumenten met K.W.H. Broekhuizen in Tijdschrift Financieel Recht 2006-10, p. 248-254
“A very effective lawyer who understands the commercial needs of a client and balances this perfectly with the regulatory limitations.”— Chambers Europe 2019