T +31 (0)20 767 01 80
T +31 (0)20 820 80 30 (direct)
M +31 (0)6 27 42 18 74
Pim Smith has a broad interest in financial regulatory law. In particular for the regulations applicable to banks, payment institutions and investment firms and the impact of financial regulatory law on FinTech initiatives. Pim advises market parties on various financial regulatory law topics.
Pim studied at the University of Leiden, where he successfully completed a master’s programme in Financial Law (LL.M) in 2018. During his studies, Pim has, inter alia, been affiliated with the Hazelhoff Center for Financial Law as a research assistant. Before his admission to the Dutch Bar in August 2019, Pim worked at Finnius as a paralegal.
- Finnius, October 2017 – present
- Advising on various issues relating to integrity (Wwft and Sanctions Act)
- Advising on license applications for AISPs under PDS2
- Advising trust offices on the implementation of the Wtt 2018
- Drawing up internal policies and procedures on, for example, incidents, the banker’s oath, the SIRA for various types of financial undertakings
“Finnius is a specialised firm with deep industry and legal knowledge as well as a good network of contacts.”—