T +31 (0)20 767 01 80
T +31 (0)20 767 01 82 (direct)
M +31 (0)6 2553 0502
Marieke Spee is a lawyer (senior associate) and specialises in financial supervisory law. With a broad background in a transaction and advisory practice in the field of banking and investment funds, Marieke enjoys advising on the AIFMD, EuVECA and MiFID. Marieke also focuses on related issues regarding AML/CFT and sustainability. In addition, Marieke is interested in subjects on the cutting edge of financial law on the one hand, and administrative law and privacy legislation on the other.
Marieke is an enthusiastic lawyer with an inquiring mind. By investing in the mutual relationship and gaining insight in the commercial goals of her clients, she strives to bring the practice and the legal (financial law) framework as close together as possible.
- Finnius (2021-present)
- Van Campen Liem (2017-2021)
- Stibbe N.V. (2013-2017)
- Advice and assistance to fund managers regarding the AIFMD light regime (AIFMD registration regime) and the registration of alternative investment funds with the AFM;
- Advice and assistance with applications for EuVECA labels under the EuVECA Regulation;
- Advising fund managers on key investor information documents (PRIIPs) and other ongoing supervisory obligations;
- Advice on the scope and application of, and drafting of policy documents in the field of integrity issues (Wwft and Sw); and
- Ongoing advice on related regulatory issues with respect to sustainability (SFDR).
- "Het wettelijke regime voor concernfinancieringsmaatschappijen", mr. I.R. Viertelhauzen en mr. M.C. Spee Tijdschrift voor Financieel Recht in de Praktijk, number 5, september 2016, p. 29 e.v.
- Concernfinancieringsmaatschappijen anno 2015; oplossing voor oneigenlijk gebruik wel werkbaar in de praktijk?", mr. M.C. Spee Vennootschap&Onderneming 2015, nr. 5, p.73 e.v.